9 out of 11 Articles
Thousands of Israelis walk on the beach boardwalk in Tel Aviv

Israel's Population at Nearly 9.5 million as it Enters 2022

Israel’s population grew by 160,000 (a growth of 1.7%) in 2021, reaching 9,450,000 people as it enters 2022, the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) announced on Thursday, December 30.

As of the end of 2021, 6.98 million (73.9%) of Israel’s residents were Jewish, about two million were Arab, and 472,000 were from other sectors, including non-Arab Christians and residents not classified by religion in the population registry.

Most of the population growth in the country this year was natural (83%), while the rest (17%) came from immigration.

About 25,000 olim (immigrants) arrived in 2021, 5,000 more than last year, with 30% of the new immigrants coming from Russia, 14.6% from France, 13.9% from the US, and 12.4% from Ukraine. An additional 9,000 migrants entered the country as well this year.

There were 22,700 immigrants arriving in Israel from January to November, a 28.8% rise compared with the same period last year. (JPost / VFI News)

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. - Leviticus 19:33-34