Tens of Thousands March Against Antisemitism in London, BBC Bans Staff from Attending the March
Tens of thousands of demonstrators, some waving Israeli and British flags, marched against antisemitism through central London on Sunday, November 26.
The protest, which unconfirmed reports claimed drew over 100,000 people, came a day after large pro-Palestinian crowds took to the streets of Britain’s capital to demand a full ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war.
The UK has seen a spike in antisemitic incidents since the unprecedented deadly Hamas onslaught in Israel on October 7 unleashed war in the Gaza Strip. Demonstrators, who were joined by ex-prime minister Boris Johnson, held posters that read “Zero tolerance for antisemitism,” as they walked to parliament.
Previously, BBC staff, including Jewish staff, were told that they were not allowed to march in the demonstration. The BBC staff seeking permission to attend were denied permission under the contracted guidelines that prohibit employees from attending demonstrations deemed “controversial,” other British media reported. The same response was said to have been given to staff seeking permission to attend pro-Palestinian rallies.
The decision comes only days after the BBC’s former director called the network “institutionally antisemitic” and stated that, “BBC’s unwillingness to describe the burning alive of families in their homes, the rape of women and the murder of babies as a terrorist attack is now well known and stands in stark contrast with its reporting of other recent terrorist incidents.” (JPost / VFI News)
The suggestions, opinions, and scripture references made by VFI News writers and editors are based on the best information received.
Want to see more from VFI? Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/visionforisrael and hit “like” if you like us!