
US Military Preparing for Potentially Weeks-Long Iran Operations
The US military is preparing for the possibility of sustained operations against Iran that could last for weeks if President Donald Trump orders an attack. Two US officials described planning that could lead to a far more serious conflict than previously seen between the countries. The preparations come as diplomacy continues, with military moves in the region adding urgency. The disclosure raised the stakes for efforts aimed at addressing Tehran’s nuclear program.
US and Iranian diplomats held talks in Oman in early February as Washington built up forces in the region. US officials said on Friday, February 13, that the Pentagon was sending an additional aircraft carrier to the Middle East. The deployment would add thousands more troops, fighter aircraft, guided-missile destroyers, and other capabilities for both attack and defense. The force posture has intensified attention on whether diplomacy can hold.
Trump, speaking to US troops on Friday, February 13, said it has “been difficult to make a deal” with Iran. He added that fear can be necessary to “get the situation taken care of.” White House spokesperson Anna Kelly said Trump has all options on the table regarding Iran. With planning advancing alongside talks, the next US decision point carries immediate regional implications.
(JPost/VFI News)
“Lord, give wisdom to leaders weighing decisions that could widen conflict. Protect civilians and strengthen defenders as tensions rise across the region. Open a path for verified agreements that restrain evil and preserve life.”