Logo

VFI News Israel Intercepted 1 Houthi Missile; 6 Projectiles Fired from Lebanon

Israel Intercepted 1 Houthi Missile; 6 Projectiles Fired from Lebanon

Israel Intercepted 1 Houthi Missile; 6 Projectiles Fired from Lebanon . . .

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fX7hhwVey88

6 Rockets Fired from Lebanon at Metula; IDF Airstrikes Hit Dozens of Hezbollah Sites

Six rockets were fired from southern Lebanon at the northern Israeli border community Metula on Saturday morning, March 22, in the first rocket attack on the northern border since December. 

The Israel Defense Forces later responded with two waves of airstrikes on dozens of Hezbollah sites, including rocket launchers, across Lebanon. 

The IDF said air defenses intercepted three projectiles that crossed the border, while the other three rockets fell short in Lebanon. There were no reports of injuries or damage in the rocket attack.

Several hours later, the Hezbollah terror group denied being responsible for the rocket fire on northern Israel. 

The IDF initially responded to the attack with artillery fire against the source of the rocket fire in south Lebanon. Additionally, troops reportedly fired automatic weapons at the border villages of Hula, Markaba, and Kfar Kila.

The IDF later launched a wave of airstrikes on dozens of Hezbollah rocket launchers and a command center used by the terror group in southern Lebanon. In the evening, the military carried out a second wave of strikes, saying it targeted Hezbollah command centers, infrastructure, operatives, rocket launchers, and a weapons depot. (TOI/VFI News)

“Dear Lord, we thank You for protecting our people from the attack on Saturday. We are extremely grateful to You and the defense forces who intercepted 3 projectiles. We pray in Yeshua’s Name that You continue to protect us from anyone wishing harm upon us. You are our rock, our shield, our deliverer, and our comfort. We thank You for being who You are and for Your unfailing love.”

IAF Intercepts Houthi Missile that Triggered Sirens in Jerusalem, Surrounding Areas

Red alert sirens sounded across Israel from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv's surrounding suburbs due to a ballistic missile that was fired from Yemen Friday night, March 21.

According to a Magen David Adom (MDA) statement, no injuries were reported.

The missile was intercepted by the IAF before it crossed into Israeli territory. However, fragments of an interception of a Houthi missile reportedly fell in the town of Dhahiriya near Hebron, according to Palestinian reports.

This is the third time last week that the Houthis have targeted the Jerusalem area after a two-month pause.

Ben-Gurion Airport grounded all flights and closed for landings following the attempted attack. The Houthis said they had targeted Ben-Gurion Airport with a “Palestine 2” hypersonic ballistic missile. (JPost/VFI News)

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence.” - 2 Samuel 22:2-3

IDF Strikes Hamas Launcher Near Humanitarian Area in Al-Furqan

The IDF on Friday, March 21, struck the launcher from which two projectiles were launched toward Israeli territory earlier in the day in the area of Al-Furqan in northern Gaza.

“The Hamas terrorist organization deliberately placed the launcher near a humanitarian area in Al-Furqan,” said the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit in a statement.

Before the strike, the statement said, numerous steps were taken to minimize the risk of harming civilians, including the use of aerial surveillance, additional intelligence, and precise munitions.

“This is further evidence of Hamas' systematic exploitation of civilians and civilian structures for terrorist activities throughout the Gaza Strip,” said the IDF statement.

Sirens were sounded on Friday afternoon, around 4:30 p.m. in the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon. The IDF later said that two projectiles that were fired from northern Gaza were intercepted by the IAF. (INN/VFI News)

“Our Heavenly Father, we pray for all the innocent civilians who are being used as human shields by Hamas. We pray that You would give those who oppose Hamas’ activities a voice and the strength to stand up to them. Help them refuse to be used as human shields and stand up for their rights as human beings in the face of the oppressive rule of Hamas. We ask that you give our army the ability to protect the civilian population as much as possible and that Israel will not be portrayed as the villain in this war. May the truth shine forth about who the true villain is here and may justice be done quickly. We pray that You dismantle Hamas and all the terrorist organizations once and for all. In Yeshua's name we pray, amen.”

2 Senior Hamas Officials Killed

Senior Hamas official Salah al-Bardawil was killed overnight between Saturday and Sunday, March 22-23, in an Israeli airstrike on his tent in the humanitarian zone of al-Mawasi, near Khan Younis. The strike left a massive crater at the site. 

According to Qatar-based media, 23 people were killed in Israeli strikes across Khan Younis and nearby Rafah since midnight.

IDF Arabic-language spokesperson Lt. Col. Avichay Adraee issued an urgent evacuation warning to residents of the Tel al-Sultan neighborhood in Rafah. “The IDF has begun operations targeting terrorist organizations. The area you are in is an active combat zone and extremely dangerous. Evacuate immediately,” he said in a statement. 

Al-Bardawil, a member of Hamas’ political bureau, was one of the few senior leaders who chose to remain in the Gaza Strip throughout the months of fighting, along with his family. Born in Khan Younis, he was a well-known figure due to his frequent appearances in Arabic and international media, where he promoted Hamas' positions. He also played a key role in the Palestinian Legislative Council, elected in 2006. 

Meanwhile, the IDF and Shin Bet announced on Friday that they had conducted an intelligence-based strike on Thursday and eliminated the terrorist Osama Tabash, who served as the head of Hamas' Military Intelligence in southern Gaza and as the head of Hamas' Surveillance and Targeting Unit.

Tabash was a senior Hamas terrorist and was involved in terrorist activities and directing attacks, including a suicide bombing carried out in 2005 at the Gush Katif junction in the Gaza Strip, in which ISA coordinator Oded Sharon was killed, noted the joint statement. (YNet /VFI News) 

“Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.” - Psalm 37:1-3

WATCH: Latter Rain Video

Explore the hidden connections between East and West—with this unique musical experience that spans across Israel and the nations, while blending Middle Eastern and country-western musical styles as well.

IDF Will Seize Gaza Land Permanently Until Hamas Releases Hostages, Katz Says

The IDF will permanently seize parts of the Gaza Strip if Hamas doesn’t release the hostages held in captivity, Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a substantial yet vague escalatory threat on Friday, March 21.

“I have instructed the IDF to seize additional areas in Gaza, evacuate the population, and expand security zones around Gaza to protect Israeli communities and IDF soldiers. The more Hamas persists in its refusal to release the hostages, the more territory it will lose, which will be annexed to Israel,” Katz said.

“If the hostages are not released, Israel will continue to take more and more territory in the Strip for permanent control,” he said.

If played out to their maximal conclusion, Katz’s threats could be a game-changer that would shake the region with Israel permanently occupying portions of Gaza, something it had insisted it was not interested in until this point in the war. 

However, Katz did not specify which portions of Gaza would be annexed, how long Hamas had until such decisions would be made, if there were scenarios where small annexations could be reversed once hostages were returned, or whether Israel had support for such a move from the Trump administration or other world powers. 

Moreover, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not make any similar statement, which one might have expected for such a major policy reversal. (JPost/VFI News)  

Iran's Leader Warns US Could Receive 'Severe Slaps' Following Trump's Threats to Houthis

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned Friday, March 21, that the U.S. could receive "severe slaps" if they act "with malice" following President Donald Trump’s threats to Yemen’s Houthis, a report said.

Americans "make a big mistake and call regional resistance centers Iranian proxies. What does proxy mean?" Khamenei said, according to a British news outlet. "The Yemeni nation has its own motivation and the resistance groups in the region have their own motivations. Iran doesn't need proxies."

"They issue threats," Khamenei reportedly added, claiming that "we have never started a confrontation or conflict with anyone." "However, if anyone acts with malice and initiates it, they will receive severe slaps," he was quoted by the British media outlet as saying.

Meanwhile, French media reported on Saturday, citing Iranian state media that IRGC stationed advanced missile systems on three key islands in the Gulf, claiming they can strike “enemy bases, vessels, and assets” in the region.

The weapons were deployed on Greater Tunb, Lesser Tunb, and Abu Musa, near the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz, a major global shipping route.

"We are capable of attacking enemy bases, vessels, and assets in the region," Alireza Tangsiri, naval commander of the IRGC, reportedly told state television. According to Iranian officials, the new missile systems can "completely destroy any target within 600 kilometers. " (FN/VFI News)

“Dear God we pray that You shield us and our Middle Eastern, American and European friends from Iran. We pray in Yeshua's Name that You will not allow it to gain more power but that You will destroy all weapons it has already acquired. We believe in Your love, mercy, and promises and we pray for Your Will to be done in all circumstances.”

Canada: Survey Reveals Alarming Rise in Antisemitism Across British Columbia

In the wake of growing concerns over antisemitism, the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver has released a new survey that paints a stark picture of the challenges facing the Jewish community in British Columbia.

According to the survey, 62% of Jewish community members reported experiencing at least one antisemitic incident, while 61% have struggled with mental health issues since October 7, 2023. Even more troubling, 85% of respondents said antisemitism had “increased a lot,” and 93% feel “less secure” now than they did before October 7. Only 4% said they feel just as secure today.

The data highlights the extent of discrimination in everyday life. Since October 7, the survey shows, 16% of respondents experienced one antisemitic incident, while 46% reported experiencing multiple incidents. These acts of hate ranged from verbal abuse in person (65%) and online (62%) to vandalism (37%) and physical attacks (5%).

Antisemitic incidents occurred in a variety of public spaces, including parks and libraries (55%), workplaces (32%), post-secondary institutions (19%), public sector unions (17%), and arts events (12%). The workplace statistics are particularly concerning, with reports of antisemitism in healthcare (33%), education (30%), arts and culture (12%), and the provincial government/public service sector (10%).

Mental health struggles were another key concern, with 90% of those who reported issues citing anxiety, 70% experiencing anger, 65% expressing fear, and 61% suffering from depression. A significant portion of the community has also altered their behavior due to safety concerns—61% have avoided wearing items that identify them as Jewish, and 65% have avoided certain places and events out of fear. (INN/VFI News)

“I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” - Psalm 34:4

UN Worker Injured in Gaza Has Nazi Tattoos: Report

A United Nations staffer currently hospitalized in Israel was found to have two prominent neo-Nazi tattoos, a source familiar with the matter told Jewish media.

The employee, who works with the United Nations Mine Action Service, was injured by a booby trap in Gaza. Initially, the employee was treated in a Gaza hospital; he was later transferred to Israel for further treatment.

The UN has blamed Israel for his injury, though the IDF was not operating in the area under question at the time. On one arm, the UN staffer bears a tattoo in German, reading, "My honor is loyalty." The sentence is the motto of the Waffen SS, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

According to the Jewish news agency, on the other arm, the UN staffer bears a large tattoo featuring the face of a SS soldier or officer, wearing a Nazi hat, a collar with other Nazi symbols, and sunglasses.

Farhan Haq, deputy spokesman for UN Secretary-General António Guterres, told the media outlet, "I’m aware of the tweet showing the tattoos. Don’t know anything further, including which person is involved." (INN/VFI News) 

“Therefore ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.’ Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” - Romans 12:20-21 

The suggestions, opinions, and scripture references made by VFI News writers and editors are based on the best information received.

Want to see more from VFI? Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/visionforisrael and hit “like” if you like us!