
Trump Says Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki, Second in Command of ISIS Globally, Killed in US-Nigerian Operation
President Donald Trump announced late Friday, May 15, 2026, that U.S. and Nigerian forces carried out an operation that killed a global ISIS leader. Trump identified the terrorist as Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, whom he described as ISIS’s second-in-command globally. “Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social.
“Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing,” Trump continued. “He will no longer terrorize the people of Africa, or help plan operations to target Americans.” Trump also thanked the Nigerian government for its cooperation in the mission. “With his removal, ISIS’s global operation is greatly diminished,” he added.
The announcement comes after U.S. Central Command said it carried out multiple strikes against more than 30 ISIS targets in Syria in February 2026 as part of a joint military effort to “sustain relentless military pressure on remnants from the terrorist network.” U.S. forces struck ISIS infrastructure and weapons-storage targets using fixed-wing, rotary-wing and unmanned aircraft. CENTCOM announced in February that more than 50 ISIS terrorists had been killed or captured and more than 100 ISIS infrastructure targets struck during two months of targeted operations in Syria.
(FOX/VFI News)
“The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.” – Psalm 37:12-13