Gallant: Israel Moving to Full Offense, Gaza Will Never Return to What It Was
Defense Minister Yoav Gallant says Israel is moving to a “full offense” against the Gaza Strip, as sporadic clashes with Hamas terrorists in southern Israel continue. “I have released all the restraints, we have [regained] control of the area, and we are moving to a full offense,” Gallant says to troops on the Gaza border.
“You will have the ability to change the reality here. You have seen the prices [being paid], and you will get to see the change. Hamas wanted a change in Gaza, it will change 180 degrees from what it thought,” Gallant says.
“Whoever comes to decapitate, murder women, Holocaust survivors — we will eliminate him with all our might, and without compromise,” he adds. Gallant had also ordered a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip. “There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed,” Gallant said following an assessment at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.
The military added that it had hit more than 80 sites in Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip Wednesday morning, October 11. Dozens of fighter jets carried out the strikes against the targets, which include two bank branches used by Hamas, an underground tunnel, several war rooms, and other military installations, the IDF said.
Earlier on Tuesday, the IDF carried out strikes in Syria and Lebanon after a number of mortars were launched toward northern Israel. Hezbollah claimed responsibility for an anti-tank guided missile attack on an Israeli army post near the northern Israeli village of Arab al-Aramshe, and the IDF said it responded with a drone strike on a Hezbollah post. (TOI / VFI News)
“God, we ask You to give us courage and a renewed heart to face our perverse enemies. We are grateful for You and our defense forces that fight valiantly to protect our citizens, and we pray that the war will end soon.”